How can I obtain a copy of my birth, death, marriage or domestic partnership certificate?
You can obtain a certified copy of any of the above referenced vital records at the Register of Deeds office, 1010 56th Street Kenosha WI 53140. You will need to complete an application indicating your interest in the record, and you will need to provide acceptable identification as listed on the back of the application. The cost of a certified copy is $20.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy. If you are unable to come to the office you can download the Application for a Birth, Death, Marriage or Domestic Partnership. Complete the application and mail it to our office with a money order for the correct amount along with a self addressed, stamped envelope.Vital Records Page (with Applications)

Show All Answers

1. What are your office locations?
2. How can I contact the Register of Deeds office by phone?
3. What are your office hours?
4. What are you fees?
5. How can I obtain a copy of my birth, death, marriage or domestic partnership certificate?
6. How do I remove the deceased name of my spouse from the property that we owned jointly?
7. How do I change my name on the real estate I own?
8. How do I change my deed so that it reflects my married name?
9. I have received real estate in my divorce settlement. What do I need to do?
10. What is the difference between Joint Tenancy and Tenants in common?
11. If there is a piece of property - what is the ownership?
12. I have been told I need to get a "Legal description" of my property. Where do I obtain that?
13. If one trustee of a trust dies, is it necessary to take any immediate action?
14. We recently paid off the mortgage on our home. When will we get a new deed showing that we no longer owe the bank anything?
15. I am considering buying a parcel of real estate. How can I find out what liens, if any have been filed against it?
16. What is probate?
17. Can we submit our documents for recording Electronically?
18. Where can I mail documents to be recorded by the Register of Deeds?